Saturday, July 03, 2010

Uncle Leong Seafood @ Ang Mo Kio

When I first got to know about Butter Crabs, it was from this really popular seafood stall (named Mellben) that's located at a housing block in Ang Mo Kio.

The problem is, the waiting time can be really unbearable due to the crowds!

And it was during one of their peak periods that my friends and i decided to try the less crowded seafood stall opposite the block, which was said to be owned by the brother.

That’s the beginning of my patronage to Uncle Leong Seafood.

Yesterday, the family celebrated the elder sister’s birthday in advance!

As with the title of this post, Uncle Leong Seafood was hand-picked for the customary birthday dinner paid by anyone but the birthday boy/girl.

Here's the dishes!

Longevity Noodles
It’s been a long time since I last had this!

My distant memory told me that only the elderly will order this dish and my terminology of elderly is my grandparents’ generation!

Though it’s been a long time, I have never had a more delicious longevity noodles. Prawns were very fresh and the use of minced pork really enhanced the taste.

Kangkong in Sambal Style
This dish has attained such a following that it’s rare to find one that is really extraordinary.

The one in Seafood Paradise lacked the shiokness and could do with more sambal chilli!

Crispy Tofu
When served hot from the frying pan, this tofu was crispy on the outside and gooey soft for the inside.

By itself, it would not leave any lasting impression on diners.

With the sweet sauce, however, the impression is etched deeper! Hot, crispy, soft, sweet!!!

Guiness Stout Pork Ribs
“Disappointing” was the apt word when I saw this.

Disregarding the number of pieces, each pork rib was so damn small, I can see more bones than meat!

Taste was unsatisfying because based on my previous sessions in Uncle Leong, the pork ribs were then more meaty with a very unique flavor that made me crave for more.

Not this time!

Claypot Crab Bee Hoon
The highlight for this birthday dinner!
 
A huge (almost 2 kilograms) meaty crab submerged in a delightful milky broth with springy Bee Hoon was a great finale to end the meal!

Look at this! My mouth is drooling just looking at the picture!

======

Location
Block 233, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3,
#01-1194.

Price
Claypot Crab Bee Hoon - S$64.00
Birthday Noodles – S$15.00
Crispy Tofu – S$10.00
Guiness Stout Pork Ribs – S$12.00
Kangkong in Sambal Style – S$12.00

Subject to 7% GST.

Today is my sister's birthday!
Happy Birthday Joyce!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment