Monday, December 06, 2010

White Carrot Cake @ Nam Heng Restaurant (南興餐室)

I was supposed to blog on my recent department's cruise but i am really too tired to sieve through the hundreds of pictures.

Since i still have the pictures for Nam Heng Restaurant (南興餐室) and my memory is still fresh, let's touch on the other breakfast item i had when i was there; carrot cake.

White version is never my choice when it comes to carrot cake.

I have always preferred the gooey black carrot cake that is sweet and savory and especially enjoy a plate that has the black black carrot cake diced up into very small pieces and fried with a lot of eggs!

Maybe it was diners' pressure that fateful because i knew i had to have a white carrot cake after seeing so many tables having plates of white instead of black!

So what's my noob verdict on white carrot cake (my last was 10 years ago i think)?

More accustomed to its sweeter black sibling, the white variant was a bit too plain for me. It was savoury with bits of salted radish enhancing the flavour. 

It was definitely not disappointing; not when the carrot cake was covered with such a generous amount of eggs!

At S$2 a plate, the serving was decent and prawns (one normal sized, one puny sized) were added with no obvious change to the taste.

=====

Shall try the black one soon! Rubee needs to visit the vet (the clinic is very near to Nam Heng) again this Saturday! Sighz... Another cash outflow. :(

Location
949 Upper Serangoon Road

Catch my last post on Nam Heng Restaurant HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I also prefer the black carrot cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya!!! they are just so good right?!?!?! maybe i should try the black version in Nam Heng tomorrow. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete