Monday, January 18, 2016

Sin Thor Bak Koot Teh @ Old Airport Road Food Centre [Singapore]

Channel 8 recently screened on television an episode on Bak Kut Teh (BKT) for its show "The Taste of Time" and this resulted in a sudden craving that i would have to fix somewhat!

Visits to Old Airport Road Hawker Centre seem to be a weekly affair nowadays and although i wasn't exactly looking our BKT, the above stall attracted my attention with its many accolades plastered at the stall-front.

This cost me S$6 and doesn't include the rice, which was separately priced at S$0.50. I mentally rubbed my hands in glee while taking photos; it's always a delight to satisfy one's craving! 

Broth was peppery enough (typical of local Singaporean style) yet lacked the oomph that my favourite Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh had. It's like the pepper wasn't sufficiently infused into the soup and gave me the feeling that pepper was added very much later. I could be wrong. *shrugs*

The ribs were humongous but so fattening; even fat-lovers like me had to resort to removing the fatty parts! Given my age, i thought i better play safe. 

=====

Location
Block 51, Old Airport Road, #01-31, 
Old Airport Road Market & Food Centre 

Nearest MRT
Station Dakota Station (Circle Line)

Price
Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs) - S$6.00
Rice - S$0.50

Other Stalls in the Hawker Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment