Monday, June 26, 2017

Amazing Hanjuku Cheese Tart from Tokyo Secret @ JB City Square [Malaysia]

In my last visit to Johor Bahru with mom and the sisters, we bumped into my cousin's husband who very kindly bought us a pack of cheese tarts that he claimed to be much better than those sold in Singapore! 

I specifically traveled back to City Square shopping center today to seek out the shop and remembering it was on the fourth floor, it didn't take me long to find it despite the supposedly shrouded secrecy given the name of Tokyo Secret. A joke, by the way.

There wasn't any queue and I got my six cheese tarts in no time; am guessing that not many people are aware of its existence which was a good thing for me. Absolutely detest queuing when time is a luxury nowadays. 

Noticed something interesting on the digital signage of Tokyo Secret; four ways to enjoy the cheese tarts! Fresh from the oven, cold from the refrigerator, frozen from the freezer and reheated from the toaster! 

My intention was to bring back the pack of cheese tarts to Singapore where I would have more time to shoot nicer photographs. However, the traffic jam along the causeway appeared to be really bad and if the situation was as bad at the bus bays, chances were high that the tarts would likely be smashed beyond recognition. 

Taking advantage of the time my mom went to the ladies room (which had an incredibly long queue), I opened up the box hurriedly so that time would not be wasted! 

As I carefully lifted one up from its protective holder within the box, I can feel its insides jiggling; I had to proceed with extra caution as many pairs of eyes were looking at a strange man holding on to a cheese tart while taking photos from a huge ass DSLR, outside the washroom. 

I took a bite; Mmmmm mmmm mmmm, it was so bloody good! The buttery crunchy crust gave way to a lightly burnt cheese top that disintegrated and merged perfectly with the soft yet warm and melty cheese in the middle. 

Personally, I had tried the numerous cheese tarts in Singapore but nothing came close to Tokyo Secret Hanjuku (half baked) Cheese Tart for the textural experience and delicious Japan-imported cheese! My expression must have reflected my love for the cheese tarts as someone tapped me on the shoulder shortly and asked for the location of Tokyo Secret. 

=====

Location
106-108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook,
Johor Bahru City Square, Level 4,
Lot MS-03, Bandar Johor Bahru,
80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
(Near Action City on Level 4 of City Square) 

Website

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Hanjuku Cheese Tart - RM 7.90 each

No comments:

Post a Comment